Everyone needs to stop with the ‘It’s your last year. It’ll be a breeze.’ I swear, I’m going to cut the next person who says that. Senior year has its perks, but really being the eldest in the building isn’t much of a whopper. I’ll be validating this with ya’ll with an eye-opening experience on how it feels like to be rubbed raw and graduating, whether you’ve been-there-done-that or you’re currently in my state of bipolarity (If that’s even a word).
State of the Nation
(Yes, I’m bringing back The Clique)
- Your teachers don’t require you to stand up to recite anymore or raise your hand. Thank God! I was actually forming an ass with all that standing and sitting.
- Sometimes you can just leave to go to the restroom. Self Explanatory.
- Some of your classmates Glowed. Oooh! New(?) Eye Candy!
- Eating is allowed in some subjects. Self Explanatory.
Pardon my editing skills.
- Using your phone is allowed in some subjects. Leading us to the, “Sir, pwedeng ipicture?”
- You practically just need to complete your requirements. Its really up to you with what you wanna do in class. Yun lang, if you dont pass you fail.
- You don’t have to attend all your classes. You’re probably excused 30% of the time, the other 20% will be absents due to personal tamad reasons, and the other 50% of the time you’ll be in class.
- You’re close to your org now. You’re also probably either part of core or an active member because you’re not the org baby anymore. Time to make inis the YGs with continuous ‘Awwww’s and ‘CUTE’s.
- You are not fooled by the same expensive ass canteen food that just appears in different colors everyday. You bring cute baon! OMG! I have a friend who gets her mom to do really cute designs for her baon!
- You kinda know everyone already, so you know where you can get “help” for your homework (wink wink).
- Everyone’s favorite word now is defense or presentation.
- SOME of your batch mates Glowed. Plus, your cougar instincts must be kept in a dark hollow cranny in your mind.
- You still have to bring some stuff. On my first day of Senior year, I didn’t bring anything and we were required to write so many introduction papers- Like we didn’t know each other already. But yeah, just a tip for my… Er, younger- than-me readers; Bring at least a pen and paper on your first day. At least.
- You don’t even get what is going on with these online applications. They’re already flying patatas late and then they won’t even accept your village because Google has freaking connection problems.
- Complete your requirements. Well, thats pretty easy. I THINK NOT. Doesn’t the administration understand how hard it is to balance your school work, with your extra curricular work, with your CET or SAT reviews, while keeping a healthy hygienic body? They’re just trying to kill us.
- I dare you to try missing a class. Subukan mo lang. Sige, we’ll see if you’ll still keep up to speed.
- You have no choice, but to make sure you have food for the afternoon every morning. Actually, I love bringing my own food. This shouldn’t even be here.
- YOU KINDA KNOW EVERYONE ALREADY. Now where’s the thrill in that?
Senior year is hella tough, but it is equally fun. I’ve realized that the more you do, the more you experience. Obviously, you’ll be getting into a ton of rollercoaster rides when you put yourself out there. I’ve decided that in my last year of high school I’d rather have an equal share of laughs and cries, rather than a few fun times without hardships in mind. I know it sounds tiring but to hell with it, right? Its my last year and I’m going to live it to its full extent! That sounded so cliché. Ew. Sorry about that even if it is true.
I actually created my own Senior Year Bucket List. I’m too shy to post it, but if viewers persist I might. I think it’s great to have a bunch of goals of wishes and desires. I have an idea though. I want to make one big Senior Year Bucket List we can all use and edit. I’d have to brush off the HTMLs and Joomlas, but we will soon have to see!
All the love,
P.S. None of the pictures are mine! Paper Towns is amazing its advisable for all those graduating this year! 🙂